Source: Adams B, Crabtree P (2011) Comparative Osteology: A Laboratory and Field Guide of Common North American Animals. Academic Press.
Well Tumblr it’s that time of the year again. It’s heart breaking I even have to remind people of this.
As we approach the Halloween season if you have a black cat [especially an indoor/outdoor one] it’s time to make sure they stay inside. Unfortunately around this time of the year people think it’s funny to harass and harm them. It makes me sick to my stomach but some people even go as far as to ‘sacrifice’ them. Most adoption groups won’t even adopt them out during this month. I’ve even heard of people trying to harass them when they see them sitting in windows of houses. It’s horrible and not funny but it’s important to protect them.
So if you or anyone you know has a black cat make sure they are aware of where the cat is. And if you see anyone hurting or harassing them [or any cat!] speak up, they can’t do it for themselves.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."
Silly silly silly